Christmas party food is important for people who need to follow a free from diet. Here is a popular choice for most parties and the pastry worked out really well and was fairly easy to make.
- 200g Plain flour
- 150g butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 50mls water
- Flour to use to roll out the pastry
- 500g low fat pork mince
- 2 Sprigs parsley
- 2 Sprigs thyme
- 1 Sprig rosemary
- 2 sprigs oregano
- Salt to taste
- Sieve flour, Baking powder, xanthan gum and salt into a bowl, mix.
- Weigh out the butter and divide into three.
- Rub 1/3 of the butter into the flour and then add the water.
- Bring the ingredients together and roll into a rectangle, mark out into three sections – to the bottom 2/3 and add blobs of butter to the dough.
- Bring the bottom 1/3 of the pastry over the middle third and then fold over the top third. Rotate a quarter turn, roll and repeat the above at least three times.
- Rest for 30 minutes before use.
- Add the pork to a bowl and season.
- Chop the herbs and add to a blender with the pork mince,
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and roll out. Add a line of pork mince and fold over the pastry.
- Cut the pastry and wash with egg wash before using.
- Cook in an oven gas mark 6, 220 degrees C.
- Better served warm.