These are tasty little treats but not for every day as they are quite high in fat. Lancashire cheese is sharp and goes very well with these scones along with the almond yogurt of course! I chose crumbly Lancashire instead of creamy Lancashire so it can be very easily crumbled before adding it to the mix.
- 250g gluten free Plain flour
- 2 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 100g butter
- 5 or 6 springs fresh thyme
- 100g Lancashire cheese
- 50g Lancashire cheese for sprinkling on the scones
- 1 egg (and one for brushing)
- 100g almond yoghurt
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well
- Add the butter using the rubbing in method
- Crumble the Lancashire cheese and remove the stalks from the thyme, add to the dry ingredients
- Add the egg to the yoghurt and add to the mix, add slowly as you can always add more but not take it away!
- combine and on a floured surface roll to about 2.5cm thick and cut out using a cutter
- Brush with beaten egg and add a small amount of crumbled cheese to each one.
- Cook for 20 minutes at gas make 6/200 degrees C
Makes 9 scones.